About the Program
The Iowa City VA Health Care System pharmacy processes over 2,000 prescriptions daily. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mail-out Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or the Internet.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all Iowa City VA patients. Please call one of the following numbers —
- (319) 338-0581 ext 5107 for any questions concerning prescriptions or refills.
- 1-855-560-1720, for ordering prescription refills through the automated system.
Automated System Directions
- You must have a touch-tone phone, dial the number and listen for the greeting.
- Please enter your entire social security number, it will give you three options;
- Option 1, "To refill prescription press 1"
- Option 2, "To check the status of a presription press 2"
- Option 3, "to end this call press 3"
- if using Option 1 enter the prescription number, then press the # key.
- To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Refills at Iowa City VA Pharmacy
All veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by phone or Internet. Because of our patient workload, prescriptions cannot be refilled at the main Iowa City VA pharmacy window.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Inpatient Pharmacy (inpatient hospitalized veterans only)
- Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy Administration Office
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all federal holidays.